Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice day cookies recipe

I'm posting this because everyone I know is cooped up at home and I have a fabulous recipe for cookies that only has 3 ingredients and you probably already have them in your pantry. First I apologize to all of you "peanut free" homes because this is a peanut butter cookie recipe. This is a tried and true one of mine and now that I am on the Low/No carb, no sugar diet this is still great when altered. Here goes:

1 cup peanut butter any kind (all natural on carb diet)
1 cup sugar (splenda if on no sugar diet)
1 egg

Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 6-8 minutes.

Yep that's it!! I know it is hard to believe but it not only really does make a cookie; it makes a really good moist cookie. Of course you can fancy them up with some variations but don't forget to do the criss cross on top with a fork before baking.
Variations/Add ins:
chocolate chips
m&m's
don't criss cross and put a kiss on top

ENJOY!

2 comments:

ME said...

I might have to try that!

Anonymous said...

Should I mix all that together before I drop them on the cookie sheet??? Haha, just kiddin'. They sound delicious! When are you coming back? I kinda miss ya!

Amy B.