Saturday, June 20, 2009

Roxy is 6 months!





Wow! Where did the time go? Already, I can't remember what a day in our life was like before Roxy. I love so many things about her. I love that she not only lights up and starts squealing when I walk in the room, but she can't keep her eyes off of her big brother. She follows his every move he makes. She has started trying to crawl and I have mixed emotions about that. I know that with every new thing she is one step further away from "babyhood". I love the little curls she is starting to get in her hair. I love her giggle. I love the way she babbles to her babies when she wakes up in the morning. I love the way she looks like a little roadrunner when she is in her walker and she takes off across the floor. I even love that changing her diaper is now like an olympic event involving twisting, turning, grabbing, and laughing! I love that she is always covered in drool, and sometimes it drips off her chin. I love how she eats with such excitement, like every bite is candy! I think the thing I love the most is that I never thought I could love anyone more than River or love River more, but now that Roxy is here it is just different. She makes me love him more. I look at them and see them as adults, together. Roxy made us all different. She has brought out some of the most wonderful parts of us. Someone told me once that River made me a mommy, and Roxy would make us a family, and it is SO true. Thank you God for choosing us to be River and Roxy's parents.

1 comment:

Terra said...

I could have written the exact same post! Isn't it crazy how fast our baby girls have grown? I agree too, Kynlee has made me love Kylan more! You are such a fabulous momma!