Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby Watch 2008! Welcome Home Roxy Katherine!









What a difference a day makes! We are now a family of four. I really can't believe it. Many of you have been asking about the last few days so here goes... Kat called me on Saturday night and had been contracting for a few hours. She was admitted into the hospital and I got there around 10:30 pm. I'll now fastforward a bit. After many contractions, no sleep, no pain meds, and little progress dilating it was suddenly Sunday morning. She finally got her epidural but Roxy turned posterior and was blocking the epidural space so the meds weren't working :( She still wasn't dilating so they upped the pitocin and the contractions really kicked in and she went from a 6 to a 10 in about 10 minutes. Three pushes later out popped (well I'm sure Kat wouldn't say she "popped")little Miss Roxy. Kat was AMAZING! She is truly a superhero. I know no other way to describe it, but AMAZING! To say this whole experience has changed my life doesn't even begin to describe what has happened to me. Baby watch 2008 extended all the way to Germany, Greece, Afghanistan, and many places in between. This little girl is loved by so many. I wish we could all be so lucky! I want to say THANK YOU for all the prayers sent our way by friends and family. I feel more blessed than you can possible imagine. Please enjoy some of my favorite new pics. I'm sure there will be tons more to come!

2 comments:

Ashley and Marion said...

Candy, We are so excited for your family! What a perfect Christmas gift! Roxy is SOOOO Beautiful. I love the picture of River holding her.He is beeming with love. I can;t wait to meet her. Enjoy all the snuggle time!

Terra said...

Welcome precious Roxy!! You have the best Mommy, Daddy, and Big Brother a girl could ask for. I am so glad you finally made your appearance. You are the perfect Christmas gift! The picture of you and your brother is so sweet. He looks so proud of you! I can't wait to meet you!